Forum

Issues with the NUC...

Issues with the NUC8i7HVK  

RSS

admin
(@admin)
Member Admin
08/03/2019 1:55 am  

I just received my NIC and was happy to see how small and quiet it is.  My issue is that my plan was to install another NvMe M.2  SSD in the open slot but it looks like Intel hasn't made it easy to configure.

Topic Tags
Sam
 Sam
(@sam)
08/03/2019 2:13 am  

That must suck, keep us informed as it goes.

ReplyQuote
admin
(@admin)
Member Admin
08/03/2019 2:48 am  

Information found on Intel's website

Storage Interface

The kit provides the following storage interface options via 2 M.2 2242 and M.2 2280 (key type M) connectors:

ATA 6.0 Gb/s ports are reserved for the M.2 storage modules supporting M.2 2242 and M.2 2280 (key type M) modules

The PCH provides independent SATA ports with a theoretical maximum transfer rate of 6 GB/s.  A point-to-point interface is used for host to device connections.

Gen 3 PCIe X4 AHCI, NVMe ports are reserved for the M.2 storage modules supporting M.2 2242 and M.2 2280 (key type M) modules

AHCI Mode

The kit supports AHCI storage mode.

NOTE

In order to use AHCI mode, AHCI must be enabled in the BIOS. Microsoft* Windows* 10 includes the necessary AHCI drivers without the need to install separate AHCI drivers during the operating system installation process; however, it is always good practice to update the AHCI drivers to the latest available by Intel.

Intel® Rapid Storage Technology / SATA RAID

The PCH supports Intel® Rapid Storage Technology, providing both AHCI and integrated RAID functionality. The RAID capability provides high-performance RAID 0 and 1 functionality on all SATA ports. Other RAID features include hot spare support and SMART alerting. Software components include an Option ROM for pre-boot configuration and boot functionality, a Microsoft Windows compatible driver, and a user interface for configuration and management of the RAID capability of the PCH.  

NOTE

In order to use supported RAID features, you must first enable RAID in the BIOS.

• Both drives need to be either AHCI (SATA) or NVMe* (PCIe*). The two technologies can't be mixed.

This post was modified 2 months ago by admin

ReplyQuote
admin
(@admin)
Member Admin
08/03/2019 9:20 am  

Found this link

Setting up a raid

ReplyQuote
admin
(@admin)
Member Admin
09/03/2019 2:07 am  

Finally got it to recognize both M.2 SSDs and now I have two 1TB drives running. 😀 😀 

ReplyQuote
Share: